More Florida prison inmates are dying – and dying younger – under Julie Jones’ management. Given her controversail history with the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Governor Rick Scott never should have hired her to begin with … it’s time for her to go.
Support Operation PUSH Prisoner Strike throughout Florida prison system, initiated on MLK Day
The Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity Coalition stands in solidarity with the Florida Prison Strikers.
Stay informed and updated with links below. Please help amplify the striking prisoners’ voices.
These are the strikers’ demands (in their words):
1. Payment for our labor, rather than the current slave arrangement
2. Ending outrageous canteen prices
3. Reintroducing parole incentives to lifers and those with Buck Rogers dates
Along with these primary demands, we are also expressing our support for the following goals:
• Stop the overcrowding and acts of brutality committed by officers throughout FDOC which have resulted in the highest death rates in prison history.
• Expose the environmental conditions we face, like extreme temperatures, mold, contaminated water, and being placed next to toxic sites such as landfills, military bases and phosphate mines (including a proposed mine which would surround the Reception and Medical Center prison in Lake Butler).
• Honor the…
View original post 566 more words